Manual DNS configuration on your Windows device can solve a couple of issues in one go – it will allow you to access blocked websites (those that are still blocked even after you connect to VeePN), increase your connection speed, and stream restricted content. To change the DNS protocols, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Network Connection Settings
- Press Windows key + R. Type ncpa.cpl in the window that opened. You will be redirected to the Network Center.
- You will see a window listing all your connections. You will need to choose an active one, with a green sign near the two computers icon. If you have more than one active connections, you will need to perform the following actions on each of them:
- Right-click on the connection from the list, choose Properties.
- In the window that opens, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TPC/IP v4), select it, and click Properties.
- In the new window, in the General tab change the marker from “Obtain DNS server address automatically” to “Use the following DNS server addresses.” The fields below will become active.
- Type in 18.104.22.168 for Preferred DNS Server, and 22.214.171.124 for Alternate DNS Server.
If Google servers are not available for you, try these options:
Neustar DNS Advantage – 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
Level3 DNS – 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
Enjoy your fast, secure, and unlimited Internet access! For more information and troubleshooting guides, check other articles in the Troubleshooting section. In case you still need help, do not hesitate to contact our support team.